Sunday 15 May 2011

Give Me Strength

Getting out of bed on a Sunday morning never gets any easier. Long gone are the birds chirping between themselves,to be replaced by children arguing noisily...
Ah well here goes...throw off the quilt and the cat scarpers, narrowly avoiding being impaled on a picture hook and a glassy stare that means...Dam cat hairs...stay off my bed where's my slipper.
Having a bad start to Saturday night on the road means you try to end on a good note..First job..fill up with fuel trying not to moan at the cashier over the price and Yippee...who wants to give me some money...
And here he is bearing down on me..after three ' ring backs ' must have missed them while arguing in the mirror about the hair. Door slammed  and off we go to a one man rant about patriotism, beginning with the Eurovision thing..his forefathers and how they saved us from the Nazis, to an admission that he is related to them too...
Me being me I just let him rant..eyes on the road and the occasional grunt and nod...he knew it was going in one and out the other and it made him rant louder..There we are ..in town..hand, out five quid and the door slams again..I just know someone is going to spark this guy out before the night is over..
There's always a good job round the corner and there they were four guys chucked out of the local venue for singing..times have changed..I've listened to some strange conversations but these grown men talked of nothing but how they were going to go home and masturbate..bang goes my interjection and the risque jokes...just drive John it will be over soon...and it was, half an hour and the last one out couldn't wait to give me thirty five pounds and run up his garden path...I didn't even shout ' have a good night ' I was sure he was going to..
Saturday night just wouldn't be the same without a couple of smart arses asking ' have you been busy ' or ' what time you on till ' but I can live with that...
You do meet some genuinely nice people out and about too, who tell you bits of their life story and where they're up to in it and you don't mind giving them your attention..
Anyway on we go...( time for a brew and a ciggie )

No comments:

Post a Comment