Sunday 13 May 2012

Mum Said You Have To Learn To Share..

Whether it was a packet of sweets...a pocketful of marbles, the bow and arrow made by my dad or the muddy football..sharing was never my forte..As a young boy with grazed and dirty knees..hours spent chasing a heavy casey round the field..when dusk would come and like the final whistle an end to a summers day where I'd played out the role of Bobby Charlton banging it in between two coats..Manchester United..a team I worshipped. with players I'd imagine I could be, or closely copy..

David Herd..John Aston..Noel Cantwell..Harry Gregg..George Best..John Connelly..they were heroes in a young boys heart...and an allegiance to this day, where as a granddad I watch and listen to young boys running round with footbal shirts emblazoned ..with  the names of Rooney and Giggs and Scholes...

My love for Manchester United has never waned..a team managed by a living legend Sir Alex Ferguson for more than the last twenty years..Trophy after trophy..and yesterday..the Premier League Title wrestled from them by their nearest neighbours Manchester City, in the dying seconds of magical season..

I still don't like sharing and can't wait for the next season to come round with the chance to take it back..
  Come On You Reds..United..United..United!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment